Laundry rooms aren’t the type of room that you redecorate so you can cozy up in it with a small group of friends and a pot of tea. It’s not even the type of room that you redecorate so you can show off your impeccable style skills to the occasional passerby.
No, laundry rooms are the type of rooms that you bring color and light into for you, your family, and – it’s worth saying again – you.
One laundry room makeover was inspired by a large pile of un-ironed clothes shoved into a cabinet down where no one would bother to look. With a pile like that, it’s worth wondering: if this laundry room wasn’t so ugly, would I be more motivated to do the ironing? Or to wash that pile of bed sheets? Or, really, to spend any time in here that’s NOT under duress?
Well, it’s worth a shot anyway.
Whatever your reason is for needing to remodel your laundry room, find a look that you’ll love. Not sure where to start? Consider implementing these elements used in one Jones Paint & Glass customer’s lovely Tiffany Blue laundry room redesign:
- A Dash of Paint. A little pop of color can go a long way. Sultry and elegant Tiffany Blue paint may be just what you need to transform the laundry room from drab to glam. Need a color match? Our in-store paint experts can help you find the perfect hue.
- White cabinets! Paint the cabinets too for a brand new look. This can be an easy weekend DIY project that makes a HUGE difference. Check back later this week for a detailed how-to for painting or re-staining your oak cabinets
- An awesome (and inexpensive) crystal chandelier, because there’s nothing wrong with a little Tiffany’s-inspired bling-bling in your laundry room.
- Bathroom wall shelves repurposed to replace an ugly rolling clothes rack that was an eyesore but oh-so-necessary! Two were installed during this laundry room redesign, and each of those babies can hold up to 20 hangers, which is plenty of space to be able to retire that rolling clothes rack for good!
- White ceramic décor pieces. The fun ceramic lion and owl bring some wonderful playfulness and contrast against the Tiffany Blue laundry room walls.
Isn’t it about time you took on a design project just for you?