Stain & Finish Products from Jones Paint & Glass
Choosing the appropriate wood stain or finish for your home improvement project depends primarily on the type of surface you are applying the stain to as well as whether or not the surface is interior or exterior. Jones Paint & Glass offers high quality wood stain and finish brands.
Stop by your local Jones Paint & Glass for products and supplies, or call our toll-free number for more information. Not sure where to begin? Here are some quick reference tips to help you pick the perfect wood stain for your project:
Which type of exterior wood stain should you choose? It depends on your project and material. Here are some quick tips below. You may also contact the paint and stain experts at Jones Paint & Glass to discuss your project. We will be happy to help you find the best product for your needs!
- Oil-Based (alkyd): Better penetration & durability; longer drying time allowing time to achieve a more even finish
- Water-Based (latex, acrylic): Better color retention, mildew resistance, breathability, nonflammable, less odor, quicker drying.
Which opacity should you choose for your project?
- Semi-Transparent provides a protective layer and allows the grain pattern to show through.
- Semi-solid has a longer life, more UV protection, and almost completely hides the natural wood grain and color. Solid (opaque) can be applied over previously painted surfaces, have a longer life than other opacities, and entirely hides grain pattern.
Interior Wood Stain
Interior wood stain is great or cabinets, hardwood floors, furniture sealing and restoration, and more. Which interior wood stain should you use? Here are some tips below. You may also visit Jones Paint & Glass to talk with one of our paint experts and we will be happy to help you find the right product for you!
- Combination Stain/Finish: Wood stain combined with polyurethane finish saves time by applying both simultaneously. Ideal for furniture.
- Gel Stain: Doesn’t drip or run, doesn’t penetrate, leaves surface grain appearance intact
- Spray Stain: Easy to apply for difficult-to-reach surfaces
- Water-Based Liquid Stain: Dries quickly, cleanup with soap and water
- Wiping Stain: Oil or water based, penetrates wood to seal and protect
Stain & Finish Brands Offered by Jones Paint & Glass
While a stain will enhance a surface’s appearance, a finish will protect the surface to ensure the material and the stain can withstand wear, tear, and harsh elements. Below are some of the popular paint and stain brands offered by Jones Paint & Glass. *Availability may vary by location.
Jones Paint & Glass takes the guesswork out of your painting project. If you need help picking the perfect paint color or sheen, ensuring full coverage, or choosing the right tools, our paint experts can help. Stop by Jones Paint & Glass today, or click “learn more” for color ideas, visualization tools, or more information about our brands.
Jones Paint & Glass has over 25 years of experience in automotive refinishing products, including experience and training in precise color matching and selecting the perfect coating for any car. We offer Valspar Refinish and DuPont Performance Coatings. Looking for pricing or more information about our car paint products? Call or stop by Jones Paint & Glass today.
Painting an exterior is a big project, so our paint experts will help make it as easy as possible. Jones Paint & Glass can help ensure you have the right paint products for your exterior surface, the tools for faster & easier application, and the knowledge to avoid peeling and flaking. Call or stop by Jones Paint & Glass today to get your project started!
Jones Paint & Glass carries floor coatings that offer protection ranging from heavy foot traffic to forklifts, and from detergents to Skydrol. Our experts can help select the right product or advice in preparing the surface and applying the coating. If you know what you’re looking for or aren’t sure where to start, stop by or call to speak to an expert today.